Friday, October 20, 2006

RSS Feeds

A few weeks ago I learned about RSS Feeds and Newsreaders. Before then, I hadn't a clue as to what they were, although I heard people discussing them. I learned that RSS stands for "Really Simple Syndication." In other words, RSS feeds or news feeds are news summaries. In accordance with my 2.0 learning journey of "The 23 Things" I got an account on Bloglines. I found that the easiest way for me to add news feeds to my bloglines was by searching for the rss feeds icon on some of my favorite websites. Another way is to let bloglines search for you. I was surprised how much news you could receive quickly by looking at your news feeds. You have the option of only getting a summary or you can click on the feed to get the entire article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home